Restorative Justice Practices for Mediators (Virtual)
Understanding the benefits of authentic connection, accountability and
repairing harm to facilitate lasting agreements.
||September 23 - 24, 2021
||1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
||No MCLE Provided
This 8-hour experiential training will provide a foundation and understanding of Restorative Justice as a philosophy and the practices involved. It is designed to teach mediators how to implement Restorative Practices in their facilitations and mediations with their clients.
Topics to be Understood
- A history and overview of restorative justice and the many ways it is practiced
- Difference between restorative justice practices and traditional mediation
- How, when and why to implement restorative justice practices into your mediation
|Rochelle Edwards MS, LMFT is the Executive
Director of the Transformative Justice Institute (501 c3)
and a licensed marriage and family therapist, mediator
and circle keeper with an extensive background and
training in restorative justice, trauma healing, criminal
justice, transformative mediation, group facilitation and
Restorative Human Resources (RHR).
Over the past 20 years, Rochelle has worked with
incarcerated populations throughout California
bringing restorative practices to prisoners through
a curriculum she created and has worked with
the California Department of Corrections and
Rehabilitation to develop the current victim/offender
facilitated dialogue program for California.
||Michael Nelson serves as the Executive Director of a
prison program called: Kid C.A.T., which he founded
while incarcerated at San Quentin State Prison.
Michael was responsible for replicating the program
at the California Men’s Colony before being released
in 2018, after serving over 20 years for a crime he
committed when he was 15.
Today, Michael resides in the Central Coast, training
dogs, overseeing the Kid C.A.T. program and
facilitating RJ circles in our communities. Michael’s
social justice work includes his participation in the
award-winning film: The Prison Within as well as the
short: Underdogs and The Mask You Live In.
Event Code: ADR212030
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related services, click here.
||For two half-days - must be taken together
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
- Limited Space is available - please email firstname.lastname@example.org if the event is full.
A link to access the event will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.