Bay Area Mediation Services presents
Arbitrator Certificate Training
Co-sponsored by Alameda County Bar Association, Marin County Bar Association ADR Section, Napa County Bar Association, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, San Mateo County Bar Association, Solano County Bar Association, Sonoma County Bar Association ADR Section
Do you want the skill and confidence to settle complex cases in a way that’s more final than most court decisions?
Do you want to enhance your own credibility as counsel, mediator, or dispute resolver?
March 13, 20 and 27, 2021
||8:30 - 4:30 p.m.
||20 Hours, including 2 hours of Legal Ethics
Well-represented and sophisticated parties like Fortune 500 companies and professional athletes voluntarily choose arbitration. Why? They know they can choose an arbitrator who really understands their issues. They can shape their own process. Perhaps most importantly, they can actually get a prompt hearing and a final and binding decision. With this training, you can be that arbitrator!
- The solid legal basis for your broad arbitral powers and immunity from liability
- How to handle and rule on procedural and pre-hearing issues, including unwilling parties, disputed discovery, and issuing subpoenas
- How to manage the formal hearings, including how to effectively handle belligerent participants and evidentiary challenges
- The essential elements of writing binding awards settling all issues, including different award formats
- How to maintain ongoing jurisdiction where necessary
- The many opportunities to gain real world experience as an arbitrator
Ron Kelly is one of the principal architects of California ADR law. Mr. Kelly has trained thousands of lawyers, judges, government officials, and business professionals on four continents, and his training materials are licensed and used around the world in numerous languages. Judges in every superior court in the Bay Area have chosen to enroll in his trainings.
Event Code: ADR212036
For a printable flyer, click here.
More than 15 days prior to the event (by 2/26), you will receive a refund less $75. Fewer than 15 days, but more than 10 days, you will receive a refund of 50%. Within 10 days, there are no refunds.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom training will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.