This program has been POSTPONED. Date TBD.
Presented by the Solo and Small Firm Section of the Barristers Club
How to Retire as a Solo or Small Firm Lawyer
Considerations in estate planning, employment & ethics
||Tuesday September 22, 2020
Brigitte Binkert Law Offices
Katherine Zarate Dulany
Zarate Dulany Law
Smith Shapourian Mignano
- Ownership rules for professional corporations and law firm partnerships (CA Rule 5.4 and CA Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 3.157);
- Issues with transferring law firm shares or partnership interests into a trust to avoid probate;
- Whether a retiring “Of Counsel” can be properly classified as an independent contractor under AB5 in California;”
- Implications for “fee sharing” with retiring “Of Counsel” under Rule 1.5.1; and
- Competency concerns arising from an untimely death.
Anna Liu, Steven Adair MacDonald & Partners & Liên Payne, Kennedy Payne
For a printable flyer, click here.
Event Code: B201476
||BASF Law Student
Prices increase $10 on the day of the program.
Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself
at the bottom of the page. Use Forgot Username
or Forgot Password
if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account
Submit a hardcopy registration form
A link to access the Zoom meeting will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.