The Business, Commercial and Bankruptcy Section of the Barristers Club presents
Market Manipulation in the Wake of the GameStop Saga
||Thursday, May 6, 2021
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
This program will explore market manipulation in the age of social media, using the GameStop saga to analyze the various players, laws, and regulations that were implicated. The panelists will share their views on the conditions that created the phenomenon, exposures to liability, and what we can expect going forward. Ultimately, attendees should gain an understanding of what happened in order to better protect clients going forward, whether those are publicly traded companies, institutional investors, or retail investors.
- Market conditions that led to GameStop manipulation
- The roles of retail and institutional investors in GameStop and securities in general
- Roles of brokerages in facilitating buying, selling, and options trading
- Social media’s influence on trading
- Potential for civil liability and on what basis; applicable laws and regulations
- What’s next? Class action suits, Congressional hearings, etc.?
- How to best protect your clients going forward
Roxanne Bahadurji, Diamond McCarthy & Karen Diep, Diamond McCarthy
Event Code: B211210
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.