The Wellness Committee of the Barristers Club presents
Mindfulness and the Practice of Law
The importance of mindfulness and community building in attorney wellness
||Wednesday, April 21, 2021
||3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
||1 Hour in competence issues
Director of Equity and Inclusion,
Student Services, Berkeley Law
Lecturer, Berkeley Law
Founder, Warrior One
Lecturer in Residence and
Director of Experiential Education, Berkeley Law
Judi Cohen, Emily Bruce, and Kristen Holmquist bring their unique perspective on mindfulness in the law to engage in a dialogue regarding the importance of self-care practices in maintaining lawyer well-being and competence. Learn how to avoid burnout by embracing strong emotions, finding satisfaction in the legal practice, engaging in mindfulness both in our practice and our lives, and how to promote an inclusive legal culture and community.
- Discussion of paths to wellness and happy lawyering
- How mindfulness relates to attorney competence and wellbeing
- Discussion and practice of mindfulness tools to maintain your wellbeing and avoid burnout
- Small group exercises related to the importance of mindfulness and community building in the legal profession
Sarah Hoffman, Venable
Event Code: B211252
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.