The Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section of the Barristers Club and the Tax Section of the Barristers Club present
The California Throwback Tax
The how, what, when, where, and why of the California Throwback Tax.
||Thursday, May 20, 2021
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
The California throwback tax is not widely understood by practitioners, trustees, or beneficiaries of trusts. In this program, we discuss our interpretation of the intent and application of that law, suggest a methodology for tracking accumulated income in non-California resident trusts, and explore opportunities to plan around the tax.
- Brief Overview of California’s Taxation of Trust Income
- Origin of California’s Throwback Tax and its Application
- Practice Tips on Tracking and Estimating Accumulated Income
- Planning Opportunities to Minimize the Application of the Throwback Tax
Kit Driscoll, Coblentz Patch Duffy Bass, Melanie Emmons, Kato Feder Suzuki & Richard Shu, Barulich Dugoni & Suttmann Law Group Inc.
Event Code: B211256
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.