The Litigation and Solo & Small Firm Practice Sections of the Barristers Club present
A Beginner’s Guide to Mental Health Examinations in Litigation
||Tuesday, May 4, 2021
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
This seminar will address the nuts and bolts of pre-trial/arbitration hearing mental health examinations of plaintiffs. Participants will hear both the defense and the prosecution’s perspectives on when a plaintiff may be required to undergo a mental health examination and the permissible scope of such an examination. Participants will also hear about real-life cases and the role of the plaintiff’s mental health examination in the outcome of the litigation.
- Under what circumstances can plaintiffs be required to undergo a mental health examination?
- Guidance regarding the logistics of setting up such an examination
- Information about what happens in these examinations
- Discussion of how the results of these examinations are used at trial or in an arbitration hearing
- The attorneys’ take on how the jury or arbitrator responded to the mental health examination information
Gabriela Kipnis, Conrad Metlitzky Kane & Carole Okolowicz, Carlson, Calladine & Peterson
Event Code: B211442
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.