Presented by the Solo and Small Firm Section of the Barristers Club
Succession Planning: Considerations in Estate Planning, Employment & Ethics
||Wednesday January 27, 2021
Director of Financial and Estate Planning, Fiduciary Trust Company International
Katherine Zarate Dulany
Zarate Dulany Law
Smith Shapourian Mignano
- Ownership rules for professional corporations and law firm partnerships (CA Rule 5.4 and CA Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 3.157);
- Issues with transferring law firm shares or partnership interests into a trust to avoid probate;
- Whether a retiring “Of Counsel” can be properly classified as an independent contractor under AB5 in California;”
- Implications for “fee sharing” with retiring “Of Counsel” under Rule 1.5.1; and
- Competency concerns arising from an untimely death.
Anna Liu, Steven Adair MacDonald & Partners & Liên Payne
For a printable flyer, click here.
Event Code: B211476
||BASF Law Student
Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page. Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
A link to access the Zoom meeting will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.