The Solo and Small Firm Section and Diversity and Inclusion Committee of the Barristers Club presents
Fearless Female Founders Attack Microaggressions
What are they and how can we eliminate them in the practice of law?
||Tuesday, April 12, 2022
||11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
||1 Hour in Recognition and Elimination of Bias
In 2022, it is incumbent on law firms not only to develop meaningful policies and procedures to attack microaggressions but also train staff and attorneys how to recognize microaggressions and to avoid being complicit when witnessing one take place. In our annual Fearless Female Founders panel, our panelists will discuss what they are doing in the context of owning, operating, and managing their small law firms to change this.
- What are microaggressions and how might women lawyers experience them in the practice of law?
- How does ignorance of privilege and intersectionality exacerbate microaggressions and contribute to negative work environments for women of color?
- How to build and manage relationships with clients, referral sources, and other third parties external to the firm, devoid of microaggressions.
- How to train staff and attorneys in a law firm to recognize and stop microaggressions so as to create a more inclusive culture in law firms, generally.
Event Code: B220201
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 30 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.