The Barristers Solo and Small Firm Practice Section and the Barristers Diversity and Inclusion Committee present
Fearless Female Founders
How Women Lead and Market
This program has been postponed as of 10/25/23. New Date will be provided soon.
||Tuesday, November 7, 2023
||3:30 - 4:00 p.m.
||4:00 - 5:15 p.m.
|No Host Reception
||5:15 - 6:15 p.m.
||1 Hour in Elimination of Bias
Women make up a majority of law school students in the United States: 55.3% in 2021. That’s up from 48.4% in 2000. However, women also held only a small percentage of law firm leadership jobs in 2020. They were 12% of managing partners, 28% of governance committee members, and 27% of practice group leaders, according to the NAWL.
Join us for a lively conversation led by female founders of law firms in the SF Bay Area as they discuss what it means to be a female law firm owner and leader, and how gender and race impact the way they lead, market, and manage their teams.
- The unique challenges facing women, those who identify as female, and women of color when it comes to building a law practice.
- The responsibility of female law firm founders to mentor and sponsor more junior attorneys.
- Why and how gender and race matter in marketing one’s legal services.
- How to build and manage relationships with clients, referral sources, and other third parties external to the firm in light of gender and racial biases.
- How to train staff and attorneys in a female-led law firm to recognize and stop microaggressions so as to create a more inclusive culture in law firms, generally.
Barristers Solo and Small Firm Practice Section: Olivia Dopler, Steven Adair MacDonald & Partners, and Brittany Rogers, Law Office of Scott Righthand
Barristers Diversity Committee: Anthony Guzman, Greenberg Traurig and Jacqueline Simonovich, Weintraub Tobin
Event Code: B231474
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.