Presented by the Bar Association of San Francisco
Productize Your Law Practice to Generate New Forms of Revenue
Build Your Own LegalZoom
||October 21, 2020
||9:00 - 10:15 a.m.
||1 Hour of which 0.5 is in Legal Ethics
Most lawyers think of document automation as strictly an internal tool for increasing efficiency. It is that, of course; but, it’s also so much more. Law firms can (and should) use client-facing tools to serve DIY-leaning clients or those clients who wouldn’t otherwise hire a lawyer at all. And, since these systems can be made available to clients at any time, they can increase revenue and lead to creative revenue sources. But lawyers may also be concerned about the ethical implications of online lawyering and unauthorized practice of law issues.
In this webinar, we’ll cover these concerns, discuss the latest regulations, and show you how to create your own version of Legal Zoom, including:
- Creating intake workflows to gather data from clients for the building of documents
- Developing a pricing plan for client-facing document automation services
- Implementing a system to facilitate attorney review protocols for documents
- A discussion of what constitutes unauthorized practice of law in the context of automated legal applications
- The creation of an attorney-client relationship through electronic lawyering
- Upcoming regulations in California and beyond that could affect lawyers taking their practices online
- Examples of innovative applications that other law firms have built
For a printable flyer, click here.
Event Code: G201626
Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself
at the bottom of the page. Use Forgot Username
or Forgot Password
if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account
A link to access the Zoom meeting will be sent in your confirmation e-mail 2 hours prior to the start of the event.
People with disabilities should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.