The Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section and Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Litigation Subsection presents
Gifting With and Administering Cryptocurrency
||Tuesday, May 4, 2021
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
||1 Hour in Estate Planning Legal Specialization Credit
This presentation addresses the benefits and challenges of gifting cryptocurrency and issues that arise in administering trusts with cryptocurrency. This presentation also provides a general overview of cryptocurrency, including the tax treatment of cryptocurrency and recent IRS developments.
- Overview of Blockchain and Virtual Currency
ii. Centralized and Distributed Ledgers
iii. Bitcoin Overview, with example
- Tax Considerations and Recent Developments
i. Tax Treatment of Virtual Currency Generally
ii. Gifting and Accepting Virtual Currency
iii. Recent IRS Developments
- Planned Giving Techniques and Considerations
i. Benefits of Gifting Virtual Currency
ii. Planned Giving Techniques
iii. Issues in Gifting Virtual Currency
- Administering Trusts with Virtual Currency
Erika L. Yuen, Yuen & Yuen, Prof. Law Corp.
Event Code: G210507
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.