|| Monday, June 21, 2021
|| 12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
|| 1 Hour
|Judge William H. Orrick
Judge, U.S. District Court,
Northern District of California
|Judge Harold E. Kahn
Judge, Superior Court,
San Francisco County
Crowell & Moring LLP
|Dr. Alexis Forbes, Ph.D
Senior Trial Consultant,
You’ve litigated your case and are on the eve of trial. Now you have to select the people who will decide your client’s case. How do you select your jury? Hear from those with the most experience – knowledgeable judges, a skilled litigator, and an accomplished jury consultant - about the best methods to pick a jury, approaches to avoid, and upcoming changes in state court that will impact how you are able to select your jurors. You’ll also learn about the ethics of jury research in the age of social media and professional networking.
- Hear from federal and state judges about effective and ineffective voir dire techniques
- Learn the ethics of jury research, including pitfalls awaiting the unsuspecting attorney
- Consider the upcoming impact of AB 3070 in California state courts and the impact on striking potential jurors without cause
- Hear from a juror consultant about the importance of an effective voir dire
Rebecca Bers, San Francisco City Attorney's Office
Event Code: G213106
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 7-10 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.