The Appellate Law Section presents
Practicing Appellate Law in the Public Sector
Insights into federal, state, and local public service careers
||Tuesday, May 18, 2021
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
|Justice Brian Hoffstadt
California Court of Appeal
Akin Gump Straus Hauer & Feld
the State of California
| Andrea Russi
BASF Appellate Section, Executive Committee Member
Senior Counsel, Horvitz & Levy
The panel will address practicing law as an appellate lawyer in the public sector. What are the unique opportunities for appellate lawyers outside of private practice? What are the different types of public sector jobs at the local, state and federal level? What are the pathways to government service? The panelists have each held various public service jobs as appellate lawyers and they will share their experiences.
- Types of public service jobs for appellate lawyers
- Pathways to government service
- Transitions to and from private practice
- Benefits (and downsides) to public sector practice
Michael Von Loewenfeldt, Wagstaffe, von Loewenfeldt, Busch & Radwick
Event Code: G215302
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.