The The Appellate Law Section presents
The Future of Chevron/Auer Deference
||Thursday, October 21, 2021
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
What History and the Composition of the U.S. Supreme Court Tell Us About the Doctrine’s Future, Following the Confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett to the Court
• A primer/refresher on judicial review of administrative action, including Chevron/Auer deference and their related doctrines
• What the history of these doctrines can tell us about their future
• Why certain Supreme Court justices, Court of Appeal judges, and academics have criticized Chevron/Auer deference
• Predictions of what’s to come from the newly constituted U.S. Supreme Court
Michael Von Loewenfeldt, Wagstaffe, von Loewenfeldt, Busch & Radwick
Event Code: G215305
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 7-10 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.