The Family Law Section presents
Cultural and Religious Issues in Divorce
||Thursday, July 14, 2022
||11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
CEO & Founder, StillnessBlooms LLC
Certified Divorce Coach - Teacher - Speaker
Author, Speaker, and Certified Divorce Coach (CDC®) Cindy Gunraj shares the cultural and religious barriers that individuals experience in divorce. She works with women in all stages of divorce to help them navigate cultural stigma and judgment in their transitions, so they feel more confident. Facing families and communities where divorce is controversial and outright unacceptable can be daunting and adds extra hurdles in the divorce process. Cindy’s own divorce journey was filled with cultural, religious, and traditional roadblocks so she’s well-equipped to help women face this terrain. In this program she shares key strategies for divorce professionals to implement when working with clients facing cultural issues.
- My own divorce story and facing cultural stigma
- Winning Your Parents’ Approval for Divorce: 7 Practices to Leave Your Marriage with Their Blessing
- South Asian community and the cultural pressures that exist in divorce
- Key strategies for divorce professionals to implement when working with clients facing cultural issues
- How I help divorce professionals make their job much easier while enhancing their clients’ experience
Anne Fokstuen, Law Office of Anne Fokstuen
Emily Levitan, Greene Taubman Dias Chernus Simborg & Dominguez LLP and Audrey T. Courson, Law Offices of Audrey T. Courson
Event Code: G220908
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 30 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.