The Bar Association of San Francisco presents
A Litigator’s Guide to Financial Data
Find What You Are Missing
||Tuesday, December 6, 2022
||11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
Learn what information lies beneath the financial statements and how to subpoena the data you really need. Learn what data may be available by carefully examining personal and business tax returns. Take a deeper dive into investment statements and what information may be hidden in plain sight. Learn what forensic accountants look for when reviewing bank statements.
- Understand what relevant data lurks beneath financial statements
- Learn what to subpoena in order to find missing information
- Learn the forensic techniques used to locate misleading numbers
- Learn what information is and is not contained on tax forms such as a 1040, 1120, and 1065
- Learn how to read a typical investment statement and trace disbursements of funds
- Understand what data may be hiding in bank statements
Event Code: G221615D
For a printable flyer, click here.
This is a Hybrid Event. You have two ticket options. (Pre-Registration is required for either option.)
- Virtual Option
- In-Person Option (Limited Spacing at 201 Mission Street, Suite 400)
Pre-Registration is required. Due to space limitations and social distancing measures, in-person participant size is limited.
Health and Safety: Will be in guidelines pursuant to SF health orders.
Please note: All attendees will be required at check-in to show proof of full COVID vaccination. Additionally, all in-person guests will be required to wear masks indoors and in outdoor situations where social distancing is not possible. We kindly ask that anyone experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID remain home and not come to campus.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 30 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.