The Legal Ethics Committee presents
Ethical Pitfalls and Best Practices in Discovery
||Thursday, October 6, 2022
||11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
||1 Hour in Legal Ethics
Ethical Considerations in Discovery, Including in a Remote Work Environment
- Ethics rules implicated in document production, including e-discovery issues and remote work
- Handling inadvertently produced materials
- Conflicts of interest and witness-related issues
- Attorney-client privilege issues
- Discovery-related sanctions
- Role of the Deposition Officer
- HIPAA and discovery
- Discovery-related codes in a post-COVID environment
Carl Chamberlin, UC Hastings Law, Adjunct Professor of Law
Event Code: G221627
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
This is a hybrid event. You have two ticket options. (Pre-Registration is required for either option.)
- Virtual Option
- In-Person Option (Limited Spacing)
Location: BASF’s Offices, 201 Mission Street, Suite 400
Health and Safety:Will be in guidelines pursuant to SF health orders. Please note that all in-person attendees will be required at check-in to show proof of full COVID vaccination. Additionally, all in-person guests will be required to wear masks indoors and in outdoor situations where social distancing is not possible. We kindly ask that anyone experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID remain home and not come to campus.
||BASF Law Student
||Legal Ethics Committee Members
||BASF Members, Government & Nonprofit Attorneys
||Join Today and Save!
* All prices increase $10 on the day of the program.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 30 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.