The Cannabis Law Section presents
Navigating Cannabis Compassion Program Rules
Improving Access for Patients and Marginalized Communities
||Wednesday, August 24, 2022
||11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
|Joe Airone (aka, “Sweetleaf Joe”)
Founder and Director Sweetleaf Collective
Compassion Program, helping veterans, terminally ill patients, people of color, and LGBTQIA+ community access free medical cannabis
Public Education Officer, The Apothecarium (San Francisco)
Award-winning Educator, specializing in cancer related
symptom management, writer, and patient advocate
You should attend this webinar if you or your clients operate in cannabis. The industry has placed a premium on relationships with regulators and society at large has placed value on the licenses of those who are assisting patients in need. Regardless of economic upside, compassion programs demonstrate a commitment to community, leadership, and charity. If your clients may be required to support compassionate use or are merely interested in contributing to the compassionate provision of cannabis to those in need, or even if you are just interested in ways to improve your clients’ profiles with minimum disruption to the bottom line, then this is the program for you.
- Hear About the Ongoing Fight to Protect Health Equity and Why It’s So Important
- Learn the State Regulations for Compassion Programs
- Identify Best Practices for Compassion Programs and Medicinal Access
- Uncover Ways to Encourage Clients to Participate in Compassion Programs
- Hear About the Push for Tax Credits for Cannabis Businesses Participating in the Cannabis Nonprofit Sector
- Learn About the Needs and Compassion Demographics, including Access for Veterans, Terminally Ill Patients, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and Refugees
- Understand How Your Client Benefits From Offering a Compassion Program
Lara DeCaro, Leland, Parachini, Steinberg, Matzger & Melnick
Event Code: G222405
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
All prices increase $10 on the day of the program.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 30 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.