The Solo and Small Firm Section presents
DIY Appeal - Overcoming Problems Procuring the Record
||Wednesday, November 2, 2022
||11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
||1 Hour in Appellate Specialization
Appellate record preparation doesn’t always go smoothly. E.g., what happens if a transcript is lost? Three appellate specialists offer tips for overcoming such problems so they don’t derail your appeal.
• The legal principles concerning the burden of producing an adequate record
• Combating delay in the preparation of the record
• The consequences of the failure to produce an adequate record
• Potential practical solutions and legal remedies when a component of the record is unavailable
Mark J. Seifert, Seifert Zuromski LLP
Event Code: G222804
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
Registration is required.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 30 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.