The Environmental Law Section presents
Maximizing State Housing Production Laws and Best Practices
Join us for a review of statutory protections and tools under recent State housing legislation and insights and best practices from HCD, local government, and land use practitioners
||Tuesday, September 27, 2022
||11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
LEED AP, Principal Planner
San Francisco Planning Department
Proactive Accountability Chief Land Use and
Local Government Relations CA Department of
Housing and Community Development
Fennemore . Wendel
Join us to learn about the existing statutory protections and tools under recent State housing legislation aimed at increasing production as well as insights from HCD, local government officials, and land use practitioners on navigating the permitting process for housing projects.
- Local and State Implementation of Key Housing Laws Facilitating Production, Including: Housing Accountability Act, Housing Crisis Act, SB 35, Density Bonus Law, Permit Streamlining Act, SB 9 and SB 10
- Housing Element Law: Compliance and Enforcement in the Context of the Bay Area’s 6th Cycle
- HCD Technical Assistance, Oversight, and Enforcement
- Recent Case Law Interpreting Density Bonus Concessions and Waivers and the Housing Accountability Act
- Emerging Trends and Open Questions on Implementation of Housing Laws
Alison Torbitt, Nixon Peabody LLP
Event Code: G222905
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
This is a hybrid event.
In-Person Option: Limited Spacing and In-Person attendees must be fully vaccinated. Pre-Registration is required.
Location: BASF’s Offices, 201 Mission Street, Suite 400.
All prices increase $10 on the day of the program.
Health and Safety: Will be in guidelines pursuant to SF health orders.
Please note that all attendees will be required at check-in to show proof of full COVID vaccination. Additionally, all guests will be required to wear masks indoors and in outdoor situations where social distancing is not possible. We kindly ask that anyone experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID remain home and not come to campus.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 30 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.