The Litigation Section presents
Expanding court access and reducing costs of discovery
||Tuesday, August 16, 2022
||11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
A discussion with Judge Wong and seasoned practitioners about how to streamline discovery to reduce costs and ensure greater court access.
- Growing costs of discovery in civil litigation and underlying root causes including the impact of ESI
- Court-directed approaches to reducing conflict and facilitating informal resolution of discovery controversies
- Practical tips for practitioners to simplify discovery and avoid discovery conflicts
- How to reach consensus on scope of discovery, including ESI, to reduce conflict and thereby cost of discovery
- When and how to utilize judicial intervention in discovery controversies
Event Code: G223103
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 30 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.