The Bar Association of San Francisco presents
Board Governance Update 2023
What You Need to Know and Must Avoid
||Thursday, February 16, 2023
||11:30 am - 12:00 pm
||12:00 - 1:15 pm
||1 Hour in Legal Ethics
Attendees will learn about recent court rulings involving Boards of Directors’ and Audit Committees’ failures, and the substantial costs of non-compliance. Learn how to monitor and document compliance with key areas of the Board’s responsibility. Take a deeper dive into the inherent compliance risks associated with mergers and acquisitions and how to help avoid costly mistakes.
- Learn about important recent Delaware rulings involving Board governance and Audit Committee failures, and how to avoid these mistakes
- Understand the key findings in the Caremark and Ritter rulings and how they affect your corporate organization
- Learn some of the most important enterprise risk considerations to monitor and how to take tangible mitigation action now
- Gain an understanding of how to set-up, monitor and document compliance programs
- Understand the inherent risks associated with mergers and acquisitions and how to avoid common pitfalls
Thanks to our Sponsor
Event Code: G231615A
For a printable flyer, click here.
This is a Hybrid Event: Pre-Registration is required for either options
- Virtual Option
- In-Person Option (Limited Spacing): Location: BASF Offices, 201 Mission Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA
Health and Safety: Will be in guidelines pursuant to SF health orders.
Please Note: All attendees will be required at check-in to show proof of full COVID vaccination. Additionally, all guests will be required to wear masks indoors and in outdoor situations where social distancing is not possible. We kindly ask that anyone experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID remain home.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.