The Legal Ethics Committee presents
Reporting Obligations - Navigating New Rule 8.3
||Wednesday, December 6, 2023
||11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
||1 Hour of Legal Ethics
In today's complex legal landscape, upholding ethical standards is of paramount importance. This engaging and interactive course, "Reporting Obligations: Navigating New Rule 8.3," is designed to provide comprehensive insights into the recently required reporting obligations under rule 8.3 of the California Rules of Professional Conduct. This program aims to equip attorneys with the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill their reporting obligations under rule 8.3; and provide the practical understanding necessary to navigate the complexities of reporting obligations effectively.
- Identify their reporting requirements under rule 8.3
- Recognize situations that trigger reporting obligations under rule 8.3
- Understand the exceptions to mandatory reporting
- Recognize situations where they can delay reporting
- Apply an ethical decision-making framework to navigate reporting dilemma
- Understand the consequences for false reporting and malicious reporting
- Have the tools to foster a culture of ethical responsibility within professional settings
Carl Chamberlin, California Court of Appeal
Event Code: G231643
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed and/or included with this registration, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 30 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.