The Intellectual Property Section presents
Intellectual Property Symposium
||Tuesday, September 26, 2023
||2:30 - 3:00 p.m.
||Panel I: 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Panel II: 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
|Reception to follow.
Pre-registration is required
|201 Mission Street, Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94105
PANEL I: Working Effectively with Experts in IP Matters
This program provides tips and best practices for choosing and working with experts in an IP dispute. The speakers will share their experiences and lessons learned when hiring, being retained, and working as an expert in intellectual property matters. Attendees will walk away with practical advice about finding, retaining, and working with experts to build stronger and more persuasive expert testimony to help clients achieve the best outcome on their disputes.
• Intro and role of an expert, selecting right expert, working an expert
• Expert report and deposition
• Daubert and other expert challenges
• Trial testimony
• Key pitfalls to avoid, takeaways and practical tips
Elizabeth Dean, Alvarez & Marsal
David Elkins, Squire Patton Boggs
Neel Chatterjee, Goodwin
Sue Stuckwisch, Alvarez & Marsal
PANEL II: Interstate Commerce: Cannabis Branding
Focus discussion on special concerns regarding interstate branding for companies within the illicit-plant-materials market. While this presentation will also include a discussion concerning damages in this context, the attendees can expect to receive a food primer concerning the unique issues cannabis operators must face in a multi-jurisdictional regulatory scheme plus similar hurdles that the growing therapeutic psychedelics market must overcome.
• Discussion re HHS’s recent recommendation to re-classify cannabis as Schedule III under Controlled Substances Act
• Special concerns for interstate branding within illicit-plant-materials market
• Cannabis seeds in interstate commerce & limitations to same
• Case study of new "Cookies on Demand" system
Nicole Katsin, Evoke Law
Elizabeth Rest, Crown
Sue Stuckwisch, Alvarez & Marsal
Lara DeCaro, Leland, Parachini, Steinberg, Matzger & Melnick
Thank you to our Sponsors.
(as of 9/11/23)
Interested in sponsorship opportunities? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For a printable sponsorship form, click here.
Event Code: G232503
For a printable flyer, click here.
For related events, click here.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.