The Bar Association of San Francisco presents
Achieving Better Outcomes in Dependency Cases - The Role of Court Appointed Family Engagement Specialists
||Monday, November 1, 2021
||12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
This one hour training will review the requirements of attorney-client communication from both an ethical and zealous advocacy frame, and consider how the use of court-appointed family engagement specialists can assist attorneys in providing client-centered and trauma-informed communication while maintaining appropriate boundaries. We will also provide guidance about the types of clients that can most benefit from CAFES multidisciplinary representation, how to determine case goals for CAFES work, and review the nuts and bolts of requesting and maintaining CAFES as part of your legal team.
• When and how to submit a CAFES referral
• Best methods of CAFES-attorney collaboration and communication
• Creating case goals and scope of CAFES work
• Role of the CAFES distinguished from the Child Welfare Worker
• Application of attorney-client privilege and confidentiality
• Statutory authority of the role of the CAFES
• Positive outcomes of interdisciplinary, client-focused representation
• Introduction of our CAFES team and their expertise
This program is for Dependency Panel Members only.
Email Samantha Duskis firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Event Code: L218507
For a printable flyer, click here.
- Sign-in to your account and select Register Myself at the bottom of the page.
- Use Forgot Username or Forgot Password if you don't know your account information. Don't have an account? Select Create Account.
- Select Proceed to Checkout to enter payment information, submit your order and complete the registration process.
A link to access the Zoom webinar will be sent in your confirmation e-mail prior to the start of the event. If you do not receive login credentials, please double check your Spam Folder. If you have any trouble, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible before the program starts so we can assist with troubleshooting. You may need to consult your local IT technician for connection issues.
Program recordings are not guaranteed, nor immediately accessible to registrants. Approved recordings of live programs are converted to On-Demand CLE Courses and available for separate purchase through a third-party library 7-10 business days after the live recording. Thank you for your support.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Requests
For CLE events of 1.5 hours or less, Lunch & Learn programs, Happy Hours, Receptions, and Mixers, a refund is available if you submit your cancellation request at least 48 hours prior to the event. A $10 handling fee will deducted from your refund. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
For CLE events longer than 1.5 hours, and for special events such as conferences, symposiums, professional development training programs, a 50% refund is available if you cancel at least 10 business days prior to the event. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. Please complete the Event Cancellation Form.
To receive MCLE credit, you must sign in during the designated MCLE registration period. This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. BASF is a certified provider: Provider #103
People with disabilities and/or special requests should contact BASF regarding reasonable accommodations.